FARGO, ND (KFGO AM) -- An unattended candle started a fire at the Fargo High Rise last night.
Firefighters responded to the 22 story building on 2nd street south just after 9:00.
They saw water running down the front of the building and discovered there had been a fire in an apartment on the 15th floor, which had been put out by the building's sprinkler system.
That apartment sustained minor fire and smoke damage, but the first 15 floors of the building had significant water damage.
The tenant told firefighters she lit a candle next to her bed and went into another room.
When she returned, the bedspread and a pillow were on fire.