DICKINSON, N.D. (AP) - Police say a 33-year-old Mandan man accidently lit himself on fire at a Dickinson gas station while high on meth.
The man poured gas on himself after he thought police had sprayed him with chemicals. He lit a cigarette afterward and accidently caught fire. He then ran through a carwash to put out the fire.
A witness called police and told them the man then stole a car. He eventually ditched the car and entered a home. Police found him there later with 2nd- and 3rd-degree burns on much of his body.
Dickinson Police Capt. Dave Wilkie says the man hasn't been officially charged yet. He faces seven counts including ingestion of a controlled substance, theft of a motor vehicle and criminal trespassing.