MOORHEAD, Minn. (KFGO AM) -- A garage in Moorhead was damaged and a motorcycle inside destroyed by fire late last night.
Firefighters found flames rolling out of the open door when they arrived at 1103 13th Street South, just after 10:00.
The homeowner said he had just parked the cycle after he returned from a ride.
He was inside when he smelled smoke and discovered the fire.
Chief Rich Duysen says the cause is likely a mechanical failure on the motorcycle.
He says a firewall between the attached garage and house worked and kept the fire from spreading.
Crews had the flames knocked down within minutes but spent about 45 minutes putting out hot spots.
Damage is estimated at $30,000.