MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - The smell of propane caused officials to evacuate a University of Minnesota building where a student was injured in a science lab explosion last week.
University spokeswoman Julie Christensen says someone in Smith Hall smelled propane Wednesday morning, pulled the fire alarm and called 911. About 100 people were evacuated.
Minneapolis firefighters ventilated the building and gave the all-clear. The source of the propane smell was not identified.
About a week ago, a chemistry student was injured when a chemical compound mixture exploded.