CROOKSTON, Minn. (AP) - A rural Crookston couple has died of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in their home and two young women are being treated.
Polk County sheriff's authorities say 49-year-old Kent Ostgaard and his 51-year-old wife, Natalie, were found dead after a 911 call Monday morning.
Twenty-two-year-old Aryanna Ostgaard was unconscious but still breathing. The sheriff's office says she was taken to a Grand Forks, hospital.
A 17-year-old girl found conscious inside the home was taken to RiverView Health in Crookston.
The Ostgaards have three children, a 22-year daughter, a middle child who attends University of Minnesota Duluth and a 17-year-old daughter.
Natalie Ostgaard was city editor at the Crookston Daily Times from 2002 to 2013.