MOORHEAD, Minn. (KFGO AM) -- A Moorhead family of six was displaced from their home after it was severely damaged in a fire.
Shortly after 5:30 Tues. night, firefighters responded to the fire in a duplex in the 500 block of 19th street south.
Smoke and flames were coming out of a back bedroom in the basement.
It took about 15 minutes to put the fire out.
Everyone made it out safely.
The blaze is still under investigation but officials say it may have been started by a child playing with a lighter.
The Red Cross is providing the victims with hotel rooms and food.