BARNESVILLE, Minn. (KFGO AM) -- A rural Barnesville, Minnesota granary was destroyed by fire overnight.
Clay County Sheriff's deputies say the homeowner noticed smoke coming from the building and when he opened the door saw the fire inside.
When fire crews arrived on scene, the building was fully involved.
It took about an hour to get the fire knocked down.
The building was being used as a chicken coop and the homeowners say the fire may have been caused by a heat lamp set up for chicks.
The Hawley Fire Department assisted Barnesville on the call.